Hello and welcome! I’m Joel Minden, PhD, a licensed clinical psychologist (CA License: PSY27859) in Chico, CA. I provide cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) for individuals with anxiety, depression, and relationship problems. For more about my approach to treatment, please visit my therapy page.
In addition to my clinical work, I’m a lecturer in the psychology and kinesiology departments at California State University, Chico, where I teach courses in abnormal psychology, personality psychology, sport and exercise psychology, wellness, community health promotion, dance, research methods, and statistics.
I also have a self-help blog at Psychology Today called CBT and Me: An Evidence-Based Approach to Personal Health, where I write about using the principles of CBT in your day-to-day life.
If you’re interested in my services, please visit my contact page to schedule a free 20-minute consultation.
- California Licensed Clinical Psychologist #PSY27859
- Director of the Chico Center for Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, DePaul University, 2004
- Lecturer in the Department of Psychology California State University, Chico
- Author of CBT and Me for Psychology Today
- CC-AASP (Certified Consultant-Association for Applied Sport Psychology) #532
- Listed in the United States Olympic Committee Sport Psychology and Mental Training Registry, 2017-2020
- CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association)
If you’re interested in my services, please visit my contact page.